Wednesday 17 April 2013

Malaysian fashion icon buys RM4.4m mansion



By Farah Wahida:

Datuk Jimmy Choo, a fashion designer who created shoes for the UK’s royalty and superstars, has recently purchased a RM4.4million townhouse in his home state of Penang, reported The Star.

“This is the first property I have purchased here since I left for Britain as a child. I’m buying a townhouse as my Penang residence.”

“Now that I will have a home in Penang again, I intend to invite all my superstar friends to visit my hometown,” he exclaimed enthusiastically.

Located near Pulau Tikus’ market, the four-storey townhouse is one of the 20 exclusive units offered at The Yeangs Sdn Bhd’s palatial project. Dubbed as the Y Cantonments, the development is expected to be completed by 2015.

Choo’s six-bedroom mansion will come with a rooftop garden and a private elevator made from glass, while the master bedroom will occupy the entire third floor. The townhouse, which has an area of nearly 2,000 sq ft, will also feature a plunge pool as well as an open-air shower and deck.

According to Choo, he chose Y Cantonments due to the project’s sustainable design.

“I am attracted to the eco-friendly elements in the architecture such as the rainwater harvesting system and low energy design,” said Choo, adding that he is on the lookout for several other properties in the state.

Moreover, “Penang has the potential to grow into a world-class economic and education centre,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment